WE ARE VICTORY
Our mission is to be an intentional voice in the lives of our students by
discipling them through Christ-centered education and preparing them to engage with and change the world.
Our vision is to impact the world for God's glory by sending out students that are
educated, discipled, and inspired by the truth of His Word.
We Are Committed to:
1. Christ-Centered Education: We aim to provide education that has at its heart and as its foundation, the Gospel and truth of God's Word.
2. Excellence: We pursue excellence in every area of school life because God is deserving of, and glorified by, our wholehearted dedication.
3. Intentional Discipleship: We actively seek to facilitate the spiritual growth of our students through mentoring, teaching and modeling lives that are submitted to God's will and that are being transformed by His power.
4. Partnership with Families: We are committed to working together with parents in helping students develop and thrive in all areas of their education and school experience.
5. Mission: We recognize that the gospel propels us beyond ourselves to reach out with God's love to those around us and we therefore seek to provide opportunities for students to engage with and serve the local and global community.
The Value of a Christian Education
Choosing a school for your children is one of the most important decisions a parent will ever make. It’s where they will spend over 14,000 hours of their young and formative years. The impact of that many hours (as well as hours socializing with classmates outside of school), makes this decision of great importance.
At VCA, we seek to partner with the Christian home to help parents bring their children up “in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4) The world’s perspective on life seeks to divide between the “sacred” and the “secular.” At VCA, we teach that there is no such divide. “All truth is God’s truth” (Gabelein) and we teach every subject from a biblical worldview.
Christ said that when “a student is fully trained they will be like their teacher” (Luke 6:40). It is very important, therefore, that when selecting a school environment parents choose a school where your son or daughter can be taught and mentored by Christian educators who are walking with God.
In addition to selecting a school with a biblical worldview and Christian teachers, choosing a school where your students’ peer group is a positive influence is also very important. I Cor. 15:33 states: “Do not be misled. Bad company corrupts good character.”
The state of Indiana officially incorporated Victory Christian Academy September 3, 2002, as a non-profit organization. The school’s founders sought to begin a mainstream, evangelical (but independent), Christian school and pursued this under the conviction of the Lord’s direction and the demonstrated need for such an organization.
These experienced educators opened Victory Christian Academy with a split 4th and 5th grade classroom serving 11 students and one teacher. By the end of the first school year, enrollment had grown to 13 students, and included a 6th grade.
The Lord directed the group developing the school to focus the search for a location in eastern Valparaiso. This location would allow easy access from several communities. This search resulted in meeting others in the community who were like-minded in their dream for an independent, non-denominational Christian school. Over the years VCA has grown steadily and we see this as evidence of the need for Christian Education in this area.
In 2009 VCA received accreditation by ACSI (The Association of Christian Schools International) and in 2010 the school received accreditation through North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI).
In 2016 the school was re-accredited by ACSI and AdvancEd (formerly NCA-CASI). VCA is approved by the state of Indiana to accept Indiana School Choice Vouchers families that qualify and Scholarship Granting Organization Scholarships through private donors.
VCA is grateful for God’s faithfulness to the school over the years and looks forward to His future direction and blessings. It’s best years are still ahead of it!